AsIAM Support Center

Contact Us

What educational supports are my child entitled to?

Firstly, we recommend familiarizing yourself with the following terms. 

AON - Assessment of NeedSEN - Special Educational Needs
BOM - Board of ManagementSENCo – Special Education Needs Co-Ordinator
DES - Department of Education & SkillsSENO - Special Education Needs Organiser
EBD - Emotional/Behavioural DisturbanceSET - Special Education Teacher
GLD - General Learning DisabilitySLD - Specific Learning Disability
IEP - Individual Education PlanSLT - Speech & Language Therapist
NBSS - National Behaviour Support ServiceSNA - Special Needs Assistant
NCSE - National Council for Special EducationSSLD - Specific Speech & Language Disorder
NEPS - National Education Psychological ServiceSSP / F - Student Support Plan / File
OT - Occupational Therapist

Possible supports can include (but aren't restricted to) autism classes, language exemptions, July provision and SNAs.

For more information on accessing these resources click here